What is Sketches?
Tayasui Sketches is a drawing app which enables you to draw out your notes, doodles and diagrams on your iPad or iPhone and organise these into collections.
What can it do?
- Enable you to draw electronic sketches using a variety of different drawing tools and a wide range of colours.
- Use patterns to fill large areas of the picture.
- Add text and shapes to add further meaning.
- Share your drawings via email or social media tools such as Facebook and Flickr.
- Add photos with your camera as a background to an image.
Download it now
How could it be used for learning, teaching and assessment?
- To take notes during a lecture or seminar combining text, drawings and diagrams to represent key points.
- To create visual images which help to break-up heavily text based learning resources or presentations.
- Challenge students to represent a concept or idea using drawings only and share this in class or on a shared area in Course Resources such as a discussion board.
- Download the app.
- Open the app and try drawing the University of Derby logo.
- Save the picture.
- Email this to yourself.
Before using any mobile application or online service please check the terms and conditions to ensure you are aware of the implications of using the service. In particular, look out for items covering data security, ownership of content and public/private sharing options.
If you would like further support to get an idea of how you could use Sketches within learning and teaching, please contact the Technology Enhanced Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org or ext 1865.